Diversity in Engineering Scholarship
The Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) may award up to 20 scholarships each year. The scholarship will provide up to $7,500 tuition assistance in select Illinois pre-engineering and civil engineering programs. IDOT is an equal opportunity employer. Currently, IDOT is seeking to increase the diversity of its engineering workforce and encourages minorities and women to apply.
Who is eligible?
- Illinois residents not currently employed by IDOT
- High school graduates or equivalent
- Students admitted to or enrolled full-time in select Illinois pre-engineering and civil engineering programs
- High school and undergraduate students possessing a grade point average (GPA) of at least a 2.5 on a 4.0 scale or 3.125 on a 5.0 scale
- Graduate students possessing a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or or 3.75 on a 5.0 scale
How to apply for the awards?
- A completed scholarship application
- An official high school or most recent college transcript
- A copy of the enrollment/acceptance letter from college/university (required for high school and transfer students only)
- Response to essay question on application
- Two recommendation letters, one academic and one professional
Answers to many of your questions can be found here: Frequently Asked Questions
For more information on the Diversity in Engineering Scholarship contact the Scholarship Administrator at 217-782-2545 or email at email@example.com
***The application period is currently closed.
Please send submission to:
Illinois Department of Transportation
Diversity Recruitment and Outreach Office, Room 339A
Diversity in Engineering Scholarship administrator
Harry Hanley Building
2300 South Dirksen Parkway
Springfield, IL 62764